Monday, June 1, 2020

To Hope - Refocus from the Pain to the Promise

We need to remember to hope we need to refocus from the pain the the promise. How do you do that? You can and must. Here’s how…

refocus from the pain to the promise

David and the six hundred men with him came to the Besor Ravine,

Refocus from the pain to the promise

There is a shift in David’s story in 1 Samuel 30 when him and his men turn from the pain they feel and mov into attack mode.

The same thing happens to us.

It’s easy for us to get stuck on something.

It happened to me.

After my heart attack I was focused on what I could do and what I could control. I could only control how I exercised and what I put into my body.

But there came a time for me to do more.

One day I was journaling and I wrote down what I felt God was responding to me. I was surprised to write. “You’ve been accepting and lamenting, now it’s time to start receiving and believing.”

refocus from the pain to the promise

I needed to realize that while I had boundaries for what I could do, and it might be true I could never do again what I used to do, those boundaries are blessing boundaries for me. God can bless the little I have to offer. My loaves and fishes can feed more than I imagine.

It was a change for me.

It was a necessary change for me.

Might it be for you?

Do you need to refocus from the pain to the promise?

Whatever experience you may be going through, whatever relationship may be falling apart, whatever illness has your full attention, you may be accepting the reality of today fine…but you might be lamenting something or everything that you’ve lost.

Do you believe God can still bless the little you have to offer?

Isaac planted seeds in a famine and God blessed, he really blessed, he really, really blessed and Isaac received 100 fold harvest.

You might only have a seed, but it doesn’t do anybody any good if you look at it and wish it was the fruit it came from. Plant it in good soil and see what God can do.

Do you need help?

Do you want help with this? Find out what Live LIGHT Rhythm (group) coaching can do for you. https://revtrev.com/group

refocus from the pain to the promise

No comments:

Post a Comment