Friday, April 24, 2020

Who are you mindful of today?

Are you mindful of what God is doing in the day-to-day of your everyday? We can call it abiding in Christ or keeping in step with the Spirit, but it also means we are mindful in the moment and aware of what God wants to do in it.

I live today mindfully

Live Mindful

I Live Today mindfully.

Since you have been raised to new life with Christ, set your sights on the realities of heaven, where Christ sits in the place of honour at God’s right hand. Colossians 3:1

I choose to Live Today Matthew 6:34, knowing faithfulness to God is multiplication. Matthew 25:14-30 Jesus said, “As you go…” Matthew 10:7-8

I Live Today mindfully. Colossians 3:1

It's Oliver Wendell Holmes who said, "Some people are so heavenly minded that they are no earthly good." I'm convinced the truer statement today is "Too many of us are so earthly minded we're no heavenly good."

We don't think enough about heavenly realities so we don't expect heaven to come to earth.

What I mean by that is this... Jesus told his disciples to make disciples by teaching them to obey everything he commanded them (Matthew 28:18). One of the things he taught his disciples that we ignore and discredit too often is this: he said, As you go (lit in the day-to-day of your everyday) heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, cast out demons, raise the dead. (Matthew 10:8).

I’m convinced miracles happen in the moment.

It’s up to me to abide in Jesus and has His words abide in me.

It’s up to me to keep in step with the Spirit and only do what I see the Father do and only speak what I hear the Father say.

It’s up to me to attentive to what He’s doing in the moment.

I will often, once he has my attention, pray a silent prayer “Lord, what do you want me to notice?

It used to be more common that I’d feel a wind over my skin and I’d automatically start that prayer. It never failed to show me something amazing.

I’d see a vision, or say something way smarter than I am. The prophetic takes awareness.

Are you willing to make space for God in the day-to-day of everyday? Choose to leave space, decide to make space. I share some rhythms that help at https://revtrev.com/coaching

live light
Live LIGHT Manifesto

No comments:

Post a Comment