Thursday, April 23, 2020

Do you live hopeful?

Live hopeful? Life without hope is not living at all. Especially during this time of self-imposed exile for the good of the realm. In this part of the Live LIGHT Manifesto we look at how we can and must live hopeful at all times and in any outbreak.

I Live Hopeful Trustfully.

 Not that I was ever in need, for I have learned how to be content with whatever I have.  I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little. For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.Philippians 4:11-13

live hopeful

I live hopeful trustfully.

I choose to Live Hopeful Romans 12:12, knowing I can trust my good Father 1 Thessalonians 5:24. Jesus said, “Don’t get lost in despair…” John 14:1

I Live Hopeful trustfully. Romans 15:13

Hope is only as valuable as what it’s been placed into. We all know what it’s like to misplace hope...we’ve all experienced disappointment.

But hope that is well-placed on Christ alone, is the hope that can never disappoint. It’s also the hope that requires trust in the One who is worthy of trust.

The good news is the kind of hope that requires trust, always leads us to, and though, peace.

God has shown me that my life has had 3 stages. He taught me faith and hope and now is teaching more and more about love.

To learn faith, I had to trust God with the best of all I had. We put our family, friends and finances of the altar and followed a call of obedience in a move to New Zealand.

We returned to Canada as my Dad was dying of Bulbar ALS and I had to learn how to trust God with my pain to learn how to truly live hopeful.

When we went to the last church I pastored I felt God say, “I’m going to teach you how to love”. And I don’t think I’m done learning that. What I’ve learned so far is that I need to trust God with my identity and authority to love somewhat close to the way He wants me to love.

Trust is so critical in our walk. We need to know the One who is trustable and trustworthy.

How are you doing that in this time of self-imposed exile for the good of the realm?

I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13 NLT

#LiveLIGHT #LiveHopeful

my Goal
Live LIGHT Manifesto

No comments:

Post a Comment