Sunday, December 15, 2019

Now we come to the hard part

Now we come to the hard part of the Live LIGHT Manifesto. Some may think we’ve been spouting platitudes up to this point. These three statements tend to hit us between the eyes.

I don't have time to be busy
I don't have time to be busy. I don't have time to worry. I don't have time to waste.

I don’t have time to be busy. I don’t have time to worry. I don’t have time to waste.

The seeds that fell among the thorns represent those who hear the message, but all too quickly the message is crowded out by the cares and riches and pleasures of this life. And so they never grow into maturity. Luke 8:14

Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

 Make the most of every opportunity in these evil days. Don’t act thoughtlessly, but understand what the Lord wants you to do. Ephesians 5:16-17

Now we come to the hard part
Now we come to the hard part.

Hard part 1 - I don’t have time to be busy.

I remember saying this phrase when a friend asked me if I had a busy day ahead as we dropped of our kids in the same class. “I don’t have time to be busy” was what surprised me when it came out of my mouth.

I wan’t even using how much I had to do that day as a badge of honour. It was like I was telling myself, “I’d better not miss the best things today.”

I remembered slowing down that day to talk to people I’d probably rush right by on my usually hurried way. I can’t remember what was said or done that day, but I remember knowing it was a better day because I refused to give in to the hurry.

And soon thereafter I refused to define my day as “busy” ever again.

My Goal
My goal

Jesus talked about the seed that fell among the thorns that too quickly was crowded out by the cares of riches and pleasures of life. That was the same seed that fell on good soil and produced a hundred-times more than was planted.

The seed doesn’t change. The condition of my heart does.

Do you accept busy-ness in your life or are you angrily militant with the weeds?

You and I don’t have time to be busy.

Hard part 2 - I don’t have time to worry.

Have you seen the stats recently about how many things that don’t happen that we worry about?

Me neither. I don’t worry about it.

Paul tells us not to worry about anything but pray about everything. Peter tells us to cast all our cares on the Lord BECAUSE He cares for us.

It all starts with knowing God cares for you. If you believe that and work it into your life in the way you pray and the peace you feel, you can be worry-free for the most part of your life. I can help you do that.

Hard part 3 - I don’t have time to waste.

I don’t have regrets in my life. If you knew my story you might find that a difficult statement to swallow. But I don’t have regrets because I have God who redeems.

I know He’s taking everything and working it out for the best of those who have been called. I don’t have time to waste.

My favourite blessing lately has been this:

May God enable you to live a life worthy of His calling. May He give you the power to accomplish all the good things your faith prompts you to do. (2 Thessalonians 1:11)

I have to live the life God enables me to live. I need to do good things prompted by my faith. But God does it through me and God gets the glory. Read that verse in context and see the amazing blessing Paul intends it to be.

I don’t have time to be busy. I don’t have time to worry. I don’t have time to waste.

And neither do you. I can help you.

My Goal
My Goal to help you
Live Light Manifesto
Live LIGHT Manifesto

No comments:

Post a Comment